Thursday 8 December 2011

We ♥ Bombay



Karl Lagerfeld swept the lucky guests at his Pre-Fall show off to Bombay via Paris. I am based in Bombay so this collection was filled with references and resonances that felt close to my heart. The look below is my favourite- it combines the chic draping and layering that defines the most elegant Indian style for me. And of course the models were dripping in jewels that any Indian princess (or Coco Chanel herself) would be proud of!


Poplin is also inspired by India, although our aesthetic is quintessentially British, so I enjoyed seeing Chanel take India, but avoid the ethnic cliches, and produce something that feels fresh and understated, even Parisian.

India is such a rich source of inspiration and I think good designers find something different in her every time they look... Here's to Bombay!






No comments:

Post a Comment