Tuesday 13 November 2012

Tim Walker: Storyteller


It was "back to school" for me when I visited the Tim Walker "Storyteller" exhibition a couple of weeks ago: the Courtauld Institute of Art, where I did my MA in Fashion History, is also based in Somerset House, so my Saturday afternoon treat brought back lots of happy, ink-stained, library book-laden, memories.

But after a dream-like wander through the East Galleries, filled with Walker's whimsical photographs and many of the visionary props he uses to create them, my eye was firmly fixed on the future and the madcap designs and ideas for POPLIN that his images always inspire in me.  


It was so refreshing to go around an art/fashion exhibition- Walker rides both horses- with people laughing, smiling and relaxing, and without the usual self-conscious stiffness that a gallery environment can provoke. 

These are just a few of my favourite images, but I have a particular fondness for the self-portrait in PYJAMAS above! Kindred spirits indeed... 



Tim Walker: Storyteller runs until 27 January at Somerset House London 
Entry is FREE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment