Thursday 15 November 2012

Marilyn Style



I have just come across a really hilarious interview with POPLIN muse, Marilyn Monroe, which includes this typically kooky 1950s advice on diet and lifestyle. 

“BREAKFAST. I’ve been told that my eating habits are absolutely bizarre, but I don’t think so. Before I take my morning shower, I start warming a cup of milk on the hot plate I keep in my hotel room. When it’s hot, I break two raw eggs into the milk, whip them up with a fork, and drink them while I’m dressing. I supplement this with a multi-vitamin pill, and I doubt if any doctor could recommend a more nourishing breakfast for a working girl in a hurry.

DINNER. My dinners at home are startlingly simple. Every night I stop at the market near my hotel and pick up a steak, lamb chops or some liver, which I broil in the electric oven in my room. I usually eat four or five raw carrots with my meat, and that is all. I must be part rabbit; I never get bored with raw carrots.
P.S. It’s a good thing, I suppose, that I eat simply during the day, for in recent months I have developed the habit of stopping off at Wil Wright’s ice cream parlor for a hot fudge sundae on my way home from my evening drama classes. I’m sure that I couldn’t allow myself this indulgence were it not that my normal diet is composed almost totally of protein foods.”



Our Marilyn Silk PJs are inspired by the quintessential Hollywood starlet's feline glamour: black leopard jacquard silk with a leopard print trim. Classic but slightly outrageous, like their namesake... 

Limited Editions AVAILABLE NOW at Ave 32





No comments:

Post a Comment